




We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday. The weather is amazing this weekend, it finally feels like spring. It was honestly one of the most fun things we have done in the city. The view from the bridge is AMAZING! We took the subway to Brooklyn, then walked across the bridge into Manhattan. Even though there were a lot of people also walking across the bridge yesterday, it was still spacious enough to not feel overly crowded.
The history of the bridge is fascinating. Melissa recently read two separate books on the history of New York, so she filled me in on all the details.
After we walked into Manhattan, we explored the East Village, and got a snack at the Doughnut Plant, the highest Yelp rated donut place in NYC. There was a line out the door, and sure enough, it was delicious.
4 comments:
i LOVE walking the bridge! especially if grimaldi's pizza is waiting for me on the other side!
and doughnut plant? yum!!!! the coconut is the best doughnut in the city!
When I come visit, I will skip walking the bridge. Yes I am scared of heights. But I LOVED that the sun was shining down on you!
Well, after I read your post...I could not help but find the nearest pastry and eat it. So, Ammon and I shared a slightly stale doughnut from our local grocery store yesterday...it just made me mad.
I saw this place on the Food Network like a year ago and have been craving a tres leches doughnut EVER SINCE. Is it possible to mail me one?
Post a Comment