I find the Roman Polanski story to be quite fascinating. I couldn't help but laugh this morning seeing various celebrities voice their support for Roman, in what I can only imagine is a publicist's worst nightmare; your client voicing support for an admitted child rapist fugitive.
While I think there is certainly an argument to be made in terms of resource allocation; and the efficacy of spending the enormous amount of cash it will take to extradite Polanski and go through a rather complicated trial; I think it is also painfully clear that there are no moral arguments to make in his favor.
The perfect irony was the revelation that Woody Allen has lent his name to the cavalcade of support for Polanski. Amazing.
2 comments:
But Jim, there is rape and then there "rape"...
(as you know,I actually don't find this humorous)
a talented but disgusting man. I hope they give him at least 5 years..... more would be better. But then it is CA and he will most likely get off completely. I remember that whole mess, and it is disgusting, I don't care how Mature that little 13 year old girl was. He is a jerk and a pedaphile... (how do you spell that?)
Post a Comment